We urgently need your help! We need you to contact your legislators asking them to support two bills. These bills will advance APRN practice by eliminating regulatory barriers to facilitate access to care for Delawareans. House Bill 21 (HB 21) and House Bill 141 (HB 141).
HB 21 relates to the implementation of an APRN Compact to allow multistate licensure for APRNs. With DANA and multiple other state organizations' support, HB 21 passed out of committee and is now on the House's ready list!
HB 141 is a Companion Bill to House Bill 21 (HB 21).
- Aligns the Delaware Board of Nursing (BON) statute with the APRN Compact
- Removes the requirement for a collaborative agreement for licensure purposes, although employers and health care organizations may still require one
- Amends the definitions of “APRN” and “full practice authority” so that they are consistent with national standards
- Grants full practice authority in conjunction with licensure and removes the current requirements for obtaining independent practice
- Changes the composition of the APRN Committee to include 9 APRNs
- Clarifies the APRN Committee’s purpose (to make recommendations to the Delaware Board of Nursing regarding APRN practices, the Compact, and licensure)
What can you do to help?
- Please consider attending an informative Zoom session on either Tuesday 4/13 or Wednesday 4/14 from 7-830pm to discuss HB 21 and HB 141
- Send an email to your representative in support of both HB 21 and HB 141
- Send an email by Fri 4/16
- Consider calling your representative's office
DANA can help you by: